[Asterisk-biz] Small / embedded system recommendations

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Dec 12 02:38:10 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:05 +0100, Ron Arts wrote:

> Well, IANAL but I think this has not been tested in court, and there
> is no way you can be sure you can get away with it.
> Being devil's advocate I could make a case this is just plain fraud.

I dont think forking the code is fraud and any claim they have that it
is, when it was *them* that chose to release under the gpl which
specifically allows forks to occur would be very questionable.

I wouldnt want to be the test case either, however if they dont like the
gpl they shouldnt have picked it.  How can they in all honesty sue
postgress for a gpl violation and then say the gpl doesnt apply to the
very same code when they are on the other side of the fence?

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378