[Asterisk-biz] Termination on PRI Lines

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Mon Dec 12 01:49:58 MST 2005

Thanks Alex,

I'm meeting with the Telco today as it happens so I'll discuss this with
them

Derek

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Derek Conniffe wrote:
>

>>Hi Jerry,
>>
>>I've come across a major "restriction" (perhaps the only one?) with PRI
>>E1 (T1?) vs. SS7 interconnects: the PRI connections do not offer network
>>id transfer.  It means that you cannot determine what network has
>>contacted you.
>>

>True, on SS7, you get pointcode of the calling switch.
>

>>Normally this may not matter but, here anyway, it becomes very important
>>with determining what the "subsidy" charge is when receiving freephone,
>>or similar, calls.  Strangely in Ireland the highest subsidy is charged
>>when receiving calls from pay phones (higher than mobile phones & land
>>lines) - its nice to be able to do a Hangup based on the network id.
>>

>Not exactly true. You can get ANI2 on a PRI in US. ANI2 will inform you
>whether the call is coming from a payphone etc.
>
>-alex

Derek Conniffe
Rivertower Ltd
DID Number: 01 440 1806 (International: 00 353 1 440 1806)
Ireland: (Freephone) 1800 719 400
Ireland: (Local) 01 440 1800
United Kingdom: 0870 068 2368
International: 00 353 1 440 1800
Derek Conniffe Mobile: 086 856 3823 (International: 00 353 86 856 3823)
Fax: 01 201 0085 (International: 00 353 1 201 0085)
Email: Derek at rivertower.ie
Web: http://www.rivertowerhosting.com