[Asterisk-biz] Help with learing Asterisk for the real world..

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 16:10:01 MST 2005

On 12/8/05, Robert Webb <asterisk at ropeguru.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give some insight as to a good direction to go
> to try and learn all this. I will be finishing my MIS
> degree in August 2006 and then want to concentrate on
> learing some C programming so I can understand what is
> going on behind the scenes. It is just lately between
> school and work I have not had time to pick up trying to
> learn C and asterisk.

I am a co-author of the Asterisk: The Future of Telephony book (along
with Jared Smith and Jim van Meggelen). You can read it online at
http://www.asteriskdocs.org which will give you a good amount of
basics and understanding of the Asterisk platform. If you like it, I'd
encourage you to purchase a copy :)

Leif Madsen.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk
http://www.leifmadsen.com