[Asterisk-biz] Press Release: StanaPhone is No Longer an Interconnected VoIP Provider?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sat Dec 3 10:17:15 MST 2005

As an offshore provider, mainly to the region but also have sold to US
based clients, I can't see how the FCC would be able to stop me selling
services to Americans without 911 services. I have no way to know where
they live and move to and no status to interface to any existing E911
system. I can use a DNS entry  for my termination and move it between
companies and servers as I want. As a foreign internet services company,
as long as the customer knows they are buying from a non-US company, how
would they regulate me? Since I have no Bricks and Mortar installation
in the US and no license to operate, there's not much there to regulate.
In fact, by using REINVITE, I could terminate offshore then reinvite to
a US based server.
The worst they could do is tell the server company to shut me down, but
with DNS, that would be a minor problem.
I am not trying to get around regulation, but to illustrate how
impossible it is to regulate any packet based service.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com