[Asterisk-biz] Press Release: StanaPhone is No Longer an Interconnected VoIP Provider?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Dec 1 07:54:04 MST 2005

Lenz wrote:

> That's what I meant: if a foreign country sells USA termination to
> domestic (non-USA) users, do they have to provide e911 services too?
> And  if they sell them to USA citizens too?
> l.

When you sell to non-US users you have to consider the laws of your
country and your customer's country.

If you sell to US residents(citizens is not the determining factor) you
need to determine if the FCC even has jurisdiction. Suppose I send my
termination to a non-US IP. The FCC might have jurisdiction over me for
doing that but likely has no jurisdiction over the non-US vendor I am
using. However, if you have an agent or office here in the US that might
give federal and state government here jurisdiction.