[Asterisk-biz] ATAs

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sat Aug 27 17:42:18 MST 2005

I'm not sure that an SPA3K can act as a SIP server (I could be wrong
here) so this wouldn't be the right hardware at all. I'm not sure what
would be the right thing either. I'd be interested in knowing myself as
I have a similar issue looming with one of my customers.

Mark

Anton Krall wrote:
> Guys.
>
> This is not entirely asterisk related but voip related.
>
> I have this scenario and I just cant fingure out which parts to use.
>
> There are 2 buildings that already have their internet connections. Each has
> a panasonic pbx. They have the need to connect 3 building 2 phones via voip
> to extension ports on the pbx at building 1.
>
> I was thinking that maybe you can use 3 Sipura's 3000 (FXO ports) connected
> to the extension ports of the panasonic at building 1 but I just cant figure
> out what to use on building 2 to connect 3 phones (FXS) so that they log
> into the ATAs at building 1.
>
> I would use an asterisk server and be done with it but seems that's not a
> viable solution in this case due to $$$.
>
> Any ideas?

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com