[Asterisk-biz] Looking for someone to write a console application for asterisk.

Darren Wiebe darren at aleph-com.net
Thu Aug 25 18:31:01 MST 2005

Good day,
Please see my comments inline.

bclem at im-online.net wrote:

>Hello, we are looking for a unix programmer who can write the following type of
>application that works with asterisk.
>
>1. Operator Console.
>When a call comes in on a did, the did should be looked up in a database(against
>a list of did's assigned to companies) and the name of the "called company"
>should be looked up. If a flag on the DID entry in the database is to forward
>to the operator, then the name of the called company is displayed on the
>operator console, ie "FooCompany is being called on line xxx-xxx-xxxx". If not,
>the call should be forwarded to the IVR/Context for the company.(the context
>will be looked up in a database table as well).

I've been working on an agi script that will do something similar to
this.  It will take an incoming did and map it to an extension. Adding a
name and context etc should be fairly easy.  I don't have anything setup
for an operators console but if you are interested in using the code I
have please contact me.

>The operator console should be able to answer, park, transfer and hang up calls
>it recieves. Additional calls(up to 3 at a time) should be able to be displayed
>and answered.

Could this be done via FOP?

>2. Asterisk will need to be configured to work with the above application. We
>don't know the best way to do this. Probably some sort of forwarding of the
>call to the "operator extension" and agi.
>
>We have a small initial budget($800.00) which I know is very low for something
>like this, but we would like to work with someone to do some sort of payment or
>licensing plan for the application with eventual buyout.
>
>The program can be in any language, ncurses/c, perl-ncurses, php-ncurses
>anything you like just as long as it works and is somewhat fast.
>
>I would write this myself, but I don't have the time since we are nearing
>deployment of all of the actual infrastructure for our showplace client.

Darren Wiebe
darren at aleph-com.net