[Asterisk-biz] [OT] Credit Card Processing / Level III Data

Chris Ochs voip at paymentonline.com
Thu Aug 25 09:55:19 MST 2005

> My company, ExpiTrans, does merchant accounts. Here's the reality: no
> internet gateway on the market provides Level III (or even Level II)
> data tradeoff.

Wrong.   You work in the card industry?

 That's just not how it works. In order to provide that
> kind of capability, you need to be directly connected to the backend
> processors, because off hand I don't know of many front-end processors
> that provide Level III tradeoff. The per line-item description detail
> you are looking for is really only possible for the national retailers
> at this point.

What do you mean front end and back end processors?  Internet gateways
connect to processing networks such as Firstdata, Vital, Paymentech, etc..
There is no front end/back end per say at that level.

Chris