[Asterisk-biz] [OT] Credit Card Processing / Level III Data

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Aug 25 09:17:54 MST 2005

Kenneth Shaw wrote:
> My company, ExpiTrans, does merchant accounts. Here's the reality: no
> internet gateway on the market provides Level III (or even Level II)
> data tradeoff. That's just not how it works. In order to provide that
> kind of capability, you need to be directly connected to the backend
> processors, because off hand I don't know of many front-end processors
> that provide Level III tradeoff. The per line-item description detail
> you are looking for is really only possible for the national retailers
> at this point.
>
> ExpiTrans is currently building its own IP based gateway, and we hope to
> provide Level III directly to our merchants via our API. If this is
> something that you can hold off on for a couple of months, and are
> looking for better rates now, then please contact us, and we'll be able
> to give you the best rates that are possible.
>
> Let me know.

Untrue, Verisign, 3-Delta Systems, ClearCommerce, etc. all do Level III
right now!  We are in talks with them already.  When I posted this
question, I had already found these three - and others - but we were
unimpressed with their rates.  We have now begun negotiations with them
and seem to be getting better rate quotes.  Anyway, at this point I
would say 75% of the established gateways out there support Level III -
no offense to any companies on this list intended - the problem is that
most of them have very high per-transaction rates until they get to know
you, then they start dealing.

Thanks for the replies everybody,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade, CCNA, CCDA, CQS-CIPTES, CQS-CWLSS
Senior Systems Administrator
chris at sparco.com