[Asterisk-biz] [OT] Credit Card Processing / Level III Data

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Thu Aug 25 08:32:26 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 18:05 -0500, Christopher L. Wade wrote:
> I know this is mostly off topic but here goes:
>
> We are trying to switch to a credit card processor that supports Level
> III Credit Card Data (ie. line item detail).  We are running into a
> chicken-and-the-egg thing.  Nobody will talk to us about software /
> integration options until we have a merchant account with them.  We
> don't want to waste time talking to them if their API (if they have one)
> cannot do Level III or they're having to 'sub-contract' the Level III
> transactions.  We have already gone through about 50 different
> processors and not one has had a good combination of rates/software options.
>
> My question is this, who would you recommend?  We are looking for 'good
> rates' and require some sort of API for integration payment processing
> into our order system.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

My company, ExpiTrans, does merchant accounts. Here's the reality: no
internet gateway on the market provides Level III (or even Level II)
data tradeoff. That's just not how it works. In order to provide that
kind of capability, you need to be directly connected to the backend
processors, because off hand I don't know of many front-end processors
that provide Level III tradeoff. The per line-item description detail
you are looking for is really only possible for the national retailers
at this point.

ExpiTrans is currently building its own IP based gateway, and we hope to
provide Level III directly to our merchants via our API. If this is
something that you can hold off on for a couple of months, and are
looking for better rates now, then please contact us, and we'll be able
to give you the best rates that are possible.

Let me know.

--
Kenneth Shaw
Director of Technology