[Asterisk-biz] Fwd: Where did my DID's go??

Michael Blood Michael at Matraex.com
Mon Aug 22 20:09:18 MST 2005

The way that the LNP should work is that the company that used to own the
DIDs (an ilec or a clec) would have set up some sort of a queue that the new
owner (another ilec or clec) would be able to trigger and register the DIDs
to their switch on the PSTN.

Most likely this happened in the background but because you have at least
one resellers between you and the clec they may not take the same level of
care to make sure that there was no lapse in service.

I didn't use the correct technical terminology because I just don't know it.

Does anyone know the specific terms to describe the DID transfer process?

Michael Blood