[Asterisk-biz] Fwd: Where did my DID's go??

C. Hatton Humphrey chumphrey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:52:28 MST 2005

I asked this question on the "non-commercial" Asterisk list and
understand the technical ramifications of what has happened - my DIDs
are "floating" until my new carrier gets the hint and starts routing
the numbers... here's my original post:

Okay, first a little background - I've been with Packet8 (VO) since a
month after they started (offering Virtual Office).  I found that we
were outgrowing their services and decided to move to an asterisk box
in the office.  I found a service provider that offered me a
reasonable rate.  After a fair ammount of testing I decided to stick
with their services and port my 3 primary DID's from Packet8 to the
new service.

Well, I guess the porting request got approved... but not completed.
Now when I call any of my DID's I get a message that says:

"Your Call Cannot Be Completed as Dialed ISUP0056115 Announcement 24"

Packet8 is claiming ignorance and says that the numbers must have
ported to the new carrier.  The new carrier has checked their incoming
port queue and says they don't see the numbers listed.
My guess is that the "third party" that transfers the numbers from old
to new carrier has the numbers somewhere in limbo but as of this point
I have no frelling clue where that might be... is there a way to
translate that message I'm getting to find out what nimrod company I
need to call and get my DID's pointed to the correct account???

Now for the business questions:

A. How often does something like this happen?
B. Is there any recourse for me or my office mates to take at this
time?  We've lost all incoming calls since last Thursday which has
caused a HUGE negative impact for one of my office mates - an
insurance agent for a number of different companies.
C. Other than pestering the crap out of my new phone company is there
any line of communication that I can open to get this situation
resolved?

I'm beyond pissed about this... to the point of dejection and loating.

Ideas?
Hatton