[Asterisk-biz] Colocation

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Sun Aug 21 21:01:17 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of M. Ehsanul
Karim
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:33 PM
To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-biz] Colocation

We are looking for colo in USA and Canada. We need around space for 3
servers to start with . Please quote me offlist with rackspace for per
1u space with 1mbps link. Our target price is < $50 per boxes.

Let me know if you can meet that.

I doubt that anyone can. Yes, yes, you will get lots of quotes from this
or that colo provider touting multi-megabit per second bandwidth. And
while it's true that the pipe they sell you might be that big
_most_of_the_time_, it is the same shared bandwidth they sell to service
web and email hosting clients. We assume you are doing VOIP, which is
far less tolerant of certain network conditions that have virtually no
effect on email and web services. Rack space and dedicated 1 mbps, ALL
THE WAY to the backbone connection, won't come for $50 per month.

08/19/2005