[Asterisk-biz] VOIPSupply.com - New Product Announcements

Lists lists at netwvcom.com
Wed Aug 17 20:46:37 MST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 15:41, Cory Andrews wrote:
> I'm sure the hacker community regards his network as the "holy grail".
> Like I said, the only folks who should be concerned with security and
> intrusion detection are folks who maintain data that would be of any
> interest at all to someone with the skills to hack into it.

Man is that a poor and uneducated idea.

First black hats love nice little machines to park things at. Their private
stash. Next a poorly secured box that has broadband is a nice target to
install and stage things like remote denial of service attacks, or any other
attacks.

They really don't have much interest in his data or even a credit card. One
stolen credit card usually sells for as low as 50 cents to a few bucks. Not
their main target. When they go for CC's they want lots of them. Like what a
company would keep. So from that part you're right.

But never make the mistake in thinking that you won't get hacked because you
don't have big valuable secrets. If you think so you should start hanging out
on various channels and 2600 meetings...

To make it all more interesting organized crime has been very active for a
good while now.
--

List Manager
Network Voice Communications, Inc.