[Asterisk-biz] Appeal of FCC 911 Order

Senad J senad at bicom.us
Tue Aug 16 10:54:04 MST 2005

>> We have appealed the FCC's 911 Order in the hopes of getting it set
>> aside.  I thought some of you might be interested.
>>

>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-5833912.html

I do not think that it will matter much. Congress is going into recess and
they have not said a word about it. By the time he gets his appeal in, the
deadline will have passed. The item to note is that cell phone companies had
to pay billions for license to operate and build their networks. The voip
industry has not. We compete against ilec, clec, wireless and are not
obligated to contribute to funds or invest into any infrastructure. Our sole
advantage is that we are cheaper since we do not have to pay into these
funds. I guess we can at least invest into insuring our customers can get
basic emergency services. If we do not show any responsibility in this
matter, we will be considered a parasite on the network and allowed to die.
There are many political lobbies talking to congress that represent the
about industries. We must be careful since we could not win a battle with
these people.

Joe Poplowski and Senad Jordanovic