[Asterisk-biz] IPManager is now template based

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Mon Aug 15 09:15:18 MST 2005

On 08/15/05 10:20:23, Matt Riddell wrote:
> smbPBX wrote:
> > Thorben:
> >
> > It would be fair to ask of you to disclose the licensing policy of
> your
> > software before many in the community spend their time testing and
> helping
> > you debug your software.
> >
> > Is it going to be open sourece? GPL?
> >
> > If not, what does the community get in return?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Sorry, how much did you pay to use his software?
>
> What's that I hear?  Nothing? Oh right.  So he writes some software,
> makes
> changes requested by the community and yet people ask for more?
>
> Something about a scorpion crossing a river on a frog's back springs
> to mind.

smbPBX is right on point. Just because its a free download now, doesn't
mean the the final version will also be free. In fact perhaps one won't
even be able to use the older betas. Asking for clarifation seems
reasonably fair. I too would want to know what I am getting in return
before giving my time (testing the software) for free.

I am very surprised at this response. smbPBX just wants to know what
terms he's working with.

Best regards,
Herman Webley