[Asterisk-biz] IPManager is now template based

smbPBX smbpbx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 08:46:33 MST 2005

Matt:
I am surprised at your response!!!

Asterisk is open-source and that is why it so successful.
So are AMP, Flash Opeartor Panel, and Asterisk at Home and they all have a
great following. If you listen to some great open-soutce software
developers, they will tell you, among other things, that "making changes
requested by the community" is what makes the software better.

Anyway, the question was about the plocy when the software is finally
released. Just getting a free download of a software doesn't add much value
if you plan to use it for any serious purpose, especailly if it is in early
beta and doesn't work well.

Cheers.

On 8/15/05, Matt Riddell <matt.riddell at sineapps.com> wrote:

> smbPBX wrote:
> > Thorben:
> >
> > It would be fair to ask of you to disclose the licensing policy of your
> > software before many in the community spend their time testing and
> helping
> > you debug your software.
> >
> > Is it going to be open sourece? GPL?
> >
> > If not, what does the community get in return?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Sorry, how much did you pay to use his software?
>
> What's that I hear? Nothing? Oh right. So he writes some software, makes
> changes requested by the community and yet people ask for more?
>
> Something about a scorpion crossing a river on a frog's back springs to
> mind.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Riddell