[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Conusultant

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Aug 10 16:05:27 MST 2005

Tom Rymes wrote:

> [...]
Woof, woof and grrrrr.....

I guess I am not qualified if I don't know all the internet shorthand.
You shouldn't say BS like that unless you really are JK.

My reply was actually to a cluster of replies to the thread. Things
about high rates and noses stuck in the air. Other things about poor 3rd
world consultants. Earlier this year I decided to make it firm policy
that I will not do business with determined losers. It typically goes
like this: I meet a new prospect who wants antivirus installed and some
software updates applied. He has a single PC and the apps include things
like quickbooks and contact manager. He bought the PC over 2 years ago
when he started the business. No backup has ever been done. He doesn't
believe in using hardcopy and file folders either. I explain to him that
if the hard drive fails he loses it all - his accounting data, saved
emails, contact info and so on. If he doesn't want to take care of the
backup situation I really don't want him as a client. People like that
will just beat up on you over time and money too much. Okay, now the
same guy gets a server because he wants to get into voip heaven. Problem
is he still has the same bad attitude. I guess I am too harsh calling
him all those bad names. They should have battered techie hotlines we
can call.

There were some periods in past months that I wondered if this list was
becoming infested with such parasites.

However, there are lots of non-pretenders here. If any of them need some
work done, contact me. I charge less for interesting work. I currently
do a mix of linux and win 2003 enterprise work to keep the bills paid. I
would be happy to do a lot less win-related work. My rates are good
because I live in a less developed country(Maine). Contact me offlist
paul and the dottcom is wadefarm. I met some lady online and she thought
my last name was wadefarm. Does she think my middle initial is atsign?

PW(those are my initials not some internet shorthand)