[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Conusultant

herman.webley at blitzllc.com herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Wed Aug 10 12:18:51 MST 2005

Quoting Paul <digium-list at 9ux.com>:

> In most cases it turns out there is no adequate backup of the system
> they want me to work on. If they won't pay me to setup backup before
> modifying things, I dismiss them as a bunch of wannabee losers. Any
> non-losers looking for a consultant/engineer/programmer out there?
> Contact me offlist. If your stuff is not valuable enough to care about
> security and backup, contact one of the $30 opportunists.
>
> Mark Phillips wrote:

Isn't that a bit harsh? Just because a client is yet to understand the
importance of a proper system doesn't mean that he/she is a wanna be loser. It
simply makes them in need of good advice. Furthermore, simply charging more
does not make one consultant better than the next.

Even greater than asterisk know how is customer service. Honestly it isn't
dificult to configure asterisk to play the part of standard PBX.

If its merely a matter of you get what you pay for, why would you advise a
client to go with an asterisk solution anyway. In that simple model, clearly a
Cisco/Avaya/Nortel solution would be much better.

Best regards,
Herman Webley