[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk and XML Applications

Hughes, Sam shughes at nationsholdinggroup.com
Wed Aug 10 09:16:34 MST 2005

Cisco phones with the SCCP image will load XML files at boot that are specified in their SEP<mac>.cnf.xml file.  You can bind different XML files to different buttons.  For example, you can use the <directoryURL> tag to specify the address of the XML you want to access when the directory button on the phone is pressed.  The <servicesURL> tag binds an XML file to the services button, etc.  Check Cisco's docs for all the options.  I don't know if there is anything specifically Asterisk related to push XML files out to phones, but the standard Cisco config options play nicely alongside chan_sccp.

I think it will work for SIP images as well, but I haven't tried it myself.