[Asterisk-biz] DID and SIP

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Sat Aug 6 19:40:26 MST 2005

David Veilleux wrote on Saturday, 6 August 2005 3:39 PM:

> I have an application where I need to transport calls originatining
> on DID trunks and then sending them out over IP.
>
> Does anyone know of a device that I could connect 8 DID enabled
> trunks and have the calls routed using the DID information sent from
> the carrier (ie dtmf after wink)?
>
> thx
>
> Dave at planettelecom.com

Dave,

I was interested in this for a client, some time ago.  With Asterisk's lack
of hardware supporting analogue DID circuits, I found it to be more cost
effective to convert the analogue DID trunks to a PRI-based service.  You
get much more flexibility, and call setup is WAY faster.  Also, should you
decide you need more trunk capacity, it is just a service order -- no truck
roll.

If you do find a solution supporting the analogue trunks, please be sure to
share it with me.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds