Fw: [Asterisk-biz] AsterBill

Lists lists at netwvcom.com
Fri Aug 5 06:21:59 MST 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 08:47, Francisco A. Lozano wrote:
> I don't think the problem is the $150. It's in fact very cheap $1800/year
> for such kind of application (provided it is a complete, well-done,
> dependable and stable system).

Yes, billing is often the archilles heel of many smaller carriers and $1800
per year is a good price.

> I think the problem is depending on any small company for your business.
> You can depend on Oracle, on SAP, on Microsoft and on IBM. But you can't
> depend on a small company, or at least I wouldn't do it; have had bad
> experiences with that in the past.

(Interesting choice of words in the same sentence, depend & microsoft. : )
Besides you are running a bit of A=A=A computation with small companies. A
better measurement would be the track history.

Small companies ($1-50M) can often be more dependable to care for their
customers and try to do the right thing. Big companies like ms live for THEIR
pockets and could care less about you. So the opposit is also true.

Obviously the 'lemonade stand' type operation is not likely to be able to
handle sudden changes, and is more prone to go out of business due to simple
things like rain or health problems. Of course greedy/criminal management
like in SCO and ENRON have shown that the moral values is also a vital
statistic to evaluate against.

As they say, money is the lowest of motivators, while duty is the highest.
--

List Manager
Network Voice Communications, Inc.