[Asterisk-biz] * and Polycom

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:48:29 MST 2005

I've got a network full of polycoms and it plays excellently with
Asterisk. What exactly have you heard there are problems with? I got
all the notification lights, buddy watch, and other featuers (besides
instant messaging) to work! I'll help you out if you have any specific
questions.

--
Tom Hayden
Astoria Telecom, LLC

On 8/2/05, Ron Arts <ron.arts at neonova.nl> wrote:
> lnxguru wrote:
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > I'm not sure if `biz' is the correct list or not, so
> > please excuse me if I've posted to the wrong place.
> >
> > My company is running an Asterisk at Home box with
> > Polycom IP500 phones. I've already heard about Polycom
> > and Asterisk not playing well together, but I didn't
> > get to make the decision and I know other people have
> > it working.
> >

> Polycom and asterisk work great together.
>
> There are support issues, because Polycom only wants
> to support phones that are on Polycom Certified PBX'es.
>
> However, I asked Digium about this on Astricon Madrid,
> and I interpreted their answer as 'we are talking
> to them, and we will make an announcement in the
> foreseeable future', although this were not exactly their
> words...
>
> Ron
>
> > Before this gets too in depth and is referred to the
> > `users' list, I may be interested in hiring a
> > consultant on a per incident basis to help me fix a
> > few issues.
> >
> > I'm looking for suggestions and recomendations for
> > people/companies who do this type of work.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > CW

> --
> NeoNova BV, The Netherlands
> Professional internet and VoIP solutions
>
> http://www.neonova.nl   Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
> info: 020-5628292       servicedesk: 020-5628292   fax: 020-5628291
>
> The following disclamer applies to this email:
> http://www.neonova.nl/maildisclaimer

Tom