[Asterisk-biz] anti trust law against cisco , good for the industry.

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Apr 29 23:02:59 MST 2005

Adrian Chapman wrote:

> So how would a local provider affect global take-up? It wouldn't. It
> might mean that you guys in *the US* were far slower getting cell
> phones, but there's no way that the US business market would have
> happily sat there and watched every other country getting cell phones
> while they were denied them.
>
> AT&T, even as a monolith, would have HAD to provide cell phone
> interconnection, because of the external pressures.

Watcing every other country get new toys is not what inspires us to take
action. When we can hear the UK cash registers ringing up sales from the
other side of the Atlantic we can get very demanding. We revolted
against the king of England and won. Make us angry enough and we will
also revolt against our own FCC.