[Asterisk-biz] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: T1/DS1/ISDN PRI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 28 22:24:39 MST 2005

Brian West wrote:
> Isn't it really 1000 interrupts ? not 8000?

Yes, that is correct. Each Zaptel card generates 1000 interrupts per
second. For a TDM400 card, there are four B-channels transferred during
that interrupt cycle. For a TE110P card, there are 24/30 channels
transferred during that cycle.

On the TE405P/TE410P, there _may_ be four separate interrupts, one for
each span; I don't know enough about that board to say for sure. Even
so, that's only 4,000 interrupts per second, which is not a great deal.

I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point, but I'd say it's a
pretty safe assumption that the DS3000P will _not_ be generating
interrupts at any frequency greater than 1,000 per second; as you say,
that would just kill the box in a great hurry :-)