[Asterisk-biz] Contracts - Termination

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Thu Apr 28 11:11:49 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 09:39 -0600, Michael Welter wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> I'm writing a proposal and I need a second opinion before I submit it to
> the customer.  Do you do this?
>
> Michael Welter

This is my list. What do you guys think?

- Presentation
  - Professionally designed and printed cover
  - Spiral bound, binder or similiar (not stapled)
- Summaries
  - Executive summary, Introduction, technical summary/overview are the
most crucial items in about that order. These items are usually even
more important than cost.
- Amount of content. For some reason people are impressed by stacks of
paper that they never read. One just needs to be sure that these more
verbose sections are placed in such away that they don't need to be read
(placed securely after the summaries). Including sections as appendices
can prove to be useful.
- Cost
  - It should be clear exactly how much the customer will need to spend
(bottom line price)
  - More important than the actual cost is the perceived value. As such:
    - give price breakdowns where ever possible.
    - associate costs to items that were described elsewhere (use same
names)
- Project plan/outline of process(es)
- Qualifications/resumees of employees

Also of great import is your scope of work. Make it as clear as possible
to avoid serious headache. Trust me. I suppose you all know that one
already.

Best regards,
Herman Webley