[Asterisk-biz] LiveVoip Multi Channel PBX City Plan

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:51:45 MST 2005

On 4/27/05, Brandon Patterson <siptech at livevoip.com> wrote:
> Hold the phone .....
>
> We are not terrified of anything. Ask me how many Clec's are in sad shape
> because they bought all kinds of equipment expecting modem biz then poof.
> Good management does not equal fear. And we don't have any customers
> I know using VoIP for a Lemonade Stand yet but, we would be happy to sell
> to them as well.
>
> Facilities cost money. You just cannot get around paying real money for
> those
> darn facilities.

But not everyone has to pay for facilities out of current profits..

The problem is that long term, you won't be able to finance growth out
of profits.  I really don't see how a smaller company doing solely
POTS replacement on low profit margins can survive, unless they change
their focus at some point.

As for paying by channel, for the large majority of business users the
value proposition in voip itself isn't really there yet, never mind
adding on extra fees.  And by the time the value proposition is there,
you will have a lot more competition from larger companies.  Some
smaller companies will survive in certain niches, but they won't be
getting rich just selling pots replacment.

Chris