[Asterisk-biz] anti trust law against cisco , good for the industry.

Howard White howwhi at usit.net
Tue Apr 26 12:55:50 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 12:02, Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies
I wrote:
> I am copying this to Jeff Pulver, maybe if he thinks that its a good thing, he will speak
> something about it in von and write to fcc and at least i am willing to sign it as a
> petetion.
>
> Cisco ata 186, the old komodo phone was the same guys as sipura guys.
>
> they waited for 3 years till there contract with cisco bounded them not to do it, they did it
> again in shape of sipura, and cisco went ahead and bought it again
>
> Cisco also bought out Linksys who came out with the voip device, and now sipura
> again.
>
> The news that i read said, that cisco bought sipura to promote linksys product of there.
>
>  I think that they should not be allowed to  buy out sipura, and let sipra compete with
> cisco's product, so that it brings the best of every one out, rather then createing a old att
> style monopoly.

Rehan,

I share your disgust but may I humbly suggest that you channel your
energy elsewhere.  Those that do not know shall accuse you of being Don
Quixote charging at windmills.

The very people and government agencies you call to your defense are the
same folks that allowed British Petroleum to take over Amoco, Exxon to
buy Mobil, Chevron to buy Texaco, Daimler Benz to buy Chrysler,
Ameritech to buy Nynex and General Telphone and SBC to buy AT&T!

And you think they give two whits about Cisco buying Sipura?  Not a
chance.

Howard White
president - VCCH, Inc.