[Asterisk-biz] anti trust law against cisco , good for the industry.

Adrian Chapman adrian at trivas.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 12:33:30 MST 2005

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I wrote:

> A very experienced telecom company chairman last claimed to me that if att would not
> have been broken into the baby bells, today we would not have cell phones.

Without wanting to comment on the wisdom or otherwise of the
Cisco/Sipura deal, and without being a vast expert on AT&T...

How, exactly, could AT&T have prevented cellphones taking off?

I mean, they were only ever in the US, and there's a hell of a lot of
the rest of the world out there - most of which the US is desperately
trying to play catch-up with on mobiles. GSM. 3G.

--
Adrian Chapman
Director