[Asterisk-biz] Re: USA Termination

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Mon Apr 25 17:08:03 MST 2005

> From: Matt Klein <mklein at nmedia.net>
>
> Matt,
>
> I was waiting on your response.
>
> Next question: Cross-Country faxing, inflicts harm on 14.4 faxes?
>
> It'll be fun to see what happens when Verizon gets MCI.
>
> Thanks for the tutorial, I sent it to my uppers.
>
> -m

Hey Matt, haven't heard from you in a while.  Tell Chris hi for me as well.

I remember back in '01 when we were using TDM to Global and they were first
playing around with IP bypass...  it was killing 14.4 fax.  T.38 is now a
requirement for any of the big players to buy interconnection.  The Lucent
or Cisco implementations seem to be pretty much the standard.

Back when I was doing CLEC consulting I always advocated the use of VoIP
transport and joked around that it wouldn't be a bad idea to turn on G729 to
discourage the use of the "unlimited" LD platforms [thanks a lot MCI
neighborhood] for long distance dial up to AOHell by credit challenged /
just-plain-stupid end-users.  :D

I'm personally rooting for Qwest to get MCI.  I hate Verizon with a passion,
and Qwest is actually pretty nice to deal with.  Their senior execs will
actually meet with and talk to us lowly CLECs.  I haven't met with anyone
better than an account manager over at verizon or SBC, except in front of
the PUC...

yours,
Matthew
www.txlink.net/