[Asterisk-biz] USA Termination

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Apr 25 15:20:49 MST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, list wrote:

> All,
>
> The company I work for is offering USA @ $0.0075 / Minute for the Asterisk
> community.  This is a high quality route.  There is no setup fee or any
> hidden fees. We support SIP & IAX, you can also check your usage online.  To
> order please visit our website at: http://www.ibell.us. Just click on ibell
> VoIP to sign up.  We can provision new accounts within 15 minutes of sign up
> during normal business hours.  If you have any questions please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

I threw $25 bucks at this today. Couple of comments:

1. The Website is incomplete and there is no SSL certificate when you are
asked to put in your credit card information. I didn't notice this until
after I had submitted it, but this should really get fixed.

2. The information stated that I would receive an Email w/ setup
information in 15 minutes. After 2 hours, I called support and talked with
Seth, who was able to set me up.

3. After some trial and error, got things configured and working. Made a
few calls only to find out that I can't set outbound CallerID. That makes
the service pretty much useless for me.

4. I opted for Ulaw cause I have the bandwidth to spare, but the only
choices I was given were Ulaw and GSM. I asked about G729a, but Seth said
they didn't support it on IAX2. You might want to get a few licenses from
Digium for that..

5. Overall, call quality is OK.. not great, but it works. As long as you
guys fix the CallerID issue, I'll be happy to send overflow traffic out
your direction.

                             KP-216-121-ST