[Asterisk-biz] Large Asterisk Setup (~500 ConcurrentCalls+Scalability)

David Mandelstam dm at sangoma.com
Thu Apr 21 15:29:35 MST 2005

Hi Matt,

I think that the advice may be related more towards processor load than PCI
bus load, which is almost negligible. Zaptel drivers produce at least one
interrupt per millisecond per board, which is minimal if the interrupt
handlers are short. But on a heavily loaded machine doing lots of echo
cancellation, each interrupt can approach 1 millisecond in length. So if
there are interrupts coming from several cards, you can see how you could
get into trouble.