[Asterisk-biz] Large Asterisk Setup (~500 Concurrent Calls+Scalability)

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Thu Apr 21 12:53:37 MST 2005

David,

This runs contrary to the advice that was given to us by a Digium
representative, even when we asked about using Intel Dialogic quad-span
cards.

Do Sangoma cards do any on-board processing to decrease PCI bus traffic,
such as DSP and codec transcoding?

I am learning as I go and would appreciate it if you could share any
information regarding the PCI bus traffic generated by quad-span cards.
What are the sources, and how much traffic do they generate per channel?

In your opinion, why did the Digium representative advise against more
than two quad-span cards per machine?  Could the bottleneck actually be
induced by CPU interrupts?

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian