[Asterisk-Biz] SS7 available for Asterisk

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Fri Apr 15 12:21:48 MST 2005

Alex,

I wish them to *make money*. But with respect to *all developers*.
I don't need to fork the project. I can write it from scratch. My
software development experience
allows me to do so. I can go open source, or I can make it free for
individual use, but with the
close source - the choice is mine. But we are talking not about myself
here. I already have my open
source project ( http://c-smile.sourceforge.net ).

Lots of people contributed the bits of their code, of their souls to the
project. Why they are not deserve
to receive energy substitute ( I mean money ).

Okay, I shut up. They knew what they were doing, when they transfered
all their rights for source code of
that patches and channel drivers to Mark.

It is just unfair, and it is killing me. Sorry guys, sorry Mark. I shut up.

All the Best!
Sergey.

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
>

>>I do understand that they can use Asterisk at home. I can use it for my
>>needs. But still I feel unfairness in this situation, and I cannot shut
>>up myself. I wouldn't say a word if the project was solely under GPL,
>>and I would even donate to the developers, but if it's under dual
>>license - it's unfair.
>>

>Such is life. If you don't like it, you can always fork the project and
>license *your* contributions under GPL only.
>
>With all due respect, I think Mark and Digium deserve the right to make
>money, and other developers...Well, don't :)
>
>-alex

All the Best!
Sergey.
Sergey Kuznetsov