[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk w/ Quad Cards

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Apr 10 13:17:18 MST 2005

It's not Asterisk, but I've done clusters of 6 telephony machines each
with 4 IBM DTXA cards, each card with 4 T1s, giving 23 * 4 * 4 * 6 =
2208 channels per cluster. The machines connected to a shared (and
highly redundant) database and file store. The machines were IBM pSeries
p630s and p660s, and the software was IBM Websphere Voice Response.

If you design your system properly, you can do a similar thing with
Asterisk on a smaller scale. Use one quad PRI card per telephony
machine, talking to a shared database. The telephony part is pretty much
infinitely scalable; the limiting factor is how big a database server
you can build.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479