[Asterisk-biz] PBX Hardware Business

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Apr 9 14:49:53 MST 2005

Chassignet benjamin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't have a full knowledge about GPL license. So I wonder if it is
> possible to launch a business in integrated PBX
> (Hardware+Asterisk+interface) without paying something to Digium for
> that (except of course G.729 licenses for end-user and ISDN cards in
> case). Moreover, if I don't need to pay a fee, do I need to notice
> Digium about this Business?
>
> Thanks a lot

Best thing to do is study the GPL. You are asking for legal advice. You
get that by studying on your own or you pay a lawyer for it. You need to
check ALL licenses and agreements that affect your products and
services. That's about all the advice I can give you without incurring a
liability risk.

I really do encourage you to look into things a bit more. You will
probably like the answers you find.