[Asterisk-biz] group buy!

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Apr 8 12:17:42 MST 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Brandon Patterson wrote:

> XO.com changes quotes faster than any company I myself , would NEVER
> deal with. Bad Dog - No Bone. XO.com does NOT own Level 3 - No way. No
> How.
It all depends.

Original Poster referred to the fact that Carl Icahn's holding company
(who owns majority of shares of XO) also owned a large chunk of GX (not
L3) and attempted to take buy out the rest, he subsequently "lost" the
battle for control of GX and sold off what he owned (at a very nice
profit).

In defense of XO: I'm doing >10k$/month with XO. I could probably tell
more XO horror stories than you. I've meet some truly crooked sales people
and completely retarded provisioning people. (Some quotes: "60 hudson? let
me see if its on-net". "jiggabit ethernet? Is that like a T1?").

However, there are some things XO does just fine: my DS1 loops work like
champs and are installed correctly, first time, every time. My LD PRIs are
also like that. Their telephony people are reasonably intelligent and you
can to the translations people some sense too.

Just don't try to buy any IP from XO - for whatever reason, you will end
up screwed. (Nevertheless, if/when you get it installed, it is
rock-solid).

-alex