[Asterisk-biz] group buy!

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Apr 7 14:31:40 MST 2005

Xu Wang wrote:

>Hello
>
>We want to organize a group of service providers to get better bargain power
>on rates. The target is to have >500000 minutes per month. If you like to
>work together on this project, please send email to me off-line!
>
>thank you!
>steven

Best way is to setup a non-profit corp which is a co-operative
association. The members pay initiation fees and membership dues. The
association is the wholesale buyer that resells to members. That means
vendors are only dealing with one larger customer for billing and
collection purposes. The  members can authorize the association to sell
things like surplus minutes or no-longer-needed hardware to non-members.

This is all very do-able if lower-volume users are serious about getting
good rates, LNP, E911 and other services. All we need is an honest
lawyer to be the trustee for the initial funds.

I don't see why such an organization could not apply for CLEC status,
either.