[Asterisk-biz] LiveVOIP

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Thu Apr 7 11:30:01 MST 2005

1 & 1 is stable company.
I never had issues with them for quite long time. I use them only as a
web servers colo.
For $99/month you can get 1 terrabyte of traffic and Pentium-4 3 GHz box
with 1 GB of RAM,
and 120 GB HDD. It have Fedora 3 preinstalled, and works like a charm.

I use MCI as a colo and traffic provider for my telco equipment, and
it's located in telco hotel.

snacktime wrote:

>Has anyone else noticed how almost all of the low cost providers hang
>off of second tier, cheap bandwidth colo providers?   You have to know
>this effects their reliability.  Even livevoip uses less than optimal
>facilities, although they seem to be better than some.
>
>What I don't get is that first rate bandwidth isn't that much more.
>For $1000 month I have a full rack with 3mbps at Internap at a major
>hub with the meetme room just 2 floors away.   If I wanted to save
>some money I could go with a cheaper colo provider in the same
>building and go with someone like Level3 for bandwidth.  A full rack
>with 1mbps in this scenario would be about $500.
>

>Chris

All the Best!
Sergey.
Sergey Kuznetsov