[Asterisk-biz] Asterisks solution for this RFP

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Thu Apr 7 00:19:32 MST 2005

Hi Roderick,

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I've been fiddling with Asterisk at home as a fancy answering machine
> and hopefully VoIP to/from my family.  It is also going to be a proof of
> concept to replace our company phone system ( NORTEL ).
>
> The replacement became a _very_ important issue today so a RFP was put
> together and is being sent out to local/regional vendors.  Since we'd
> like to maintain it in house an Asterisk based system seems like the
> right thing to do.  So I snagged a copy , turned it into plain text ,
> and will place it at the bottom of this message.
>    The two main concerns in the RFP that I'm not sure how would be
> solved with * are multiple companies and single phones on the desks.  I
> can see four * servers for four companies if need be but not sure of how
> to solve the single phone per desk issue.

Well, if we had a US presence, I certainly would send you a
quote, as our product (which is based on *) does exactly what
you need, with total dialplan separation. Another poster suggested
Polycom phones and indeed we have customers using them in
similar setups with great success.

So yes, it can be done. And if you find a product which
does what you need, please post to this list.

Ron

--
NeoNova BV, The Netherlands
Professional internet and VoIP solutions

http://www.neonova.nl   Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
info: 020-5628292       servicedesk: 020-5628292   fax: 020-5628291

The following disclamer applies to this email:
http://www.neonova.nl/maildisclaimer