[Asterisk-biz] Re: Vonage Rep was arrested by theMexicanPGRlastnight.

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Apr 5 20:39:48 MST 2005

Could it be that these 2 people were not really connected with vonage in
any official way? Maybe they were just charging people to get them set
up with vonage using a US address? I know of at least one outfit near
the canadian border that specializes in enabling canadians to get US
satellite TV accounts. That is in clear violation of Canadian law. I'm
sure that if they actually went into Canada and did this they would be
arrested.

If this turns out to be the case it is just another routine arrest
report. I lived and worked in MX. There were always people whose
enterprise focused on trying to deprive the government of tax revenues.
They paid lots of bribes to stay in business. The ones who made some
corrupt government official a silent partner in the business could then
see to it that new competitors were quickly dealt with.