[Asterisk-biz] looking for inexpensive asterisk hostingonaVirtual Private Server

Michael Greb michael at thegrebs.com
Sat Apr 2 14:18:10 MST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:55:32AM -0800, Thomas Miller wrote:
> Yes what is the "minimum requirements" for asterisk on
> a VPS system. I am assuming that festival and music on
> hold are not being used. It is just terminating calls.

I've run an Asterisk server with MOH on a Linode64 with no problems.
(http://www.linode.com)

I would have to say the sability of Linode beats Unixshell as we have
got quite a few customers who leave Linode but end up comming back from
Unixshell do to reliability issues.  The biggest advantage is Unixshell
uses Xen which has less overhead for system calls then UML.  Linode is
currently beta testing Xen and will likely be offering it to the public
within a week or so.

Disclaimer:  I do work for Linode but was a very happy customer for two
years before being hired.

Michael Greb