[Asterisk-biz] looking for inexpensive asterisk hostingonaVirtualPrivate Server

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Sat Apr 2 13:08:01 MST 2005

> What size VPS were you running at unixshell? (Did you try upgrading?)
> What about it was "too small"?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was running the lowest VPS
(The 32) and has Asterisk installed with MOH enabled. I didn't really
test it a lot nor optimize, but it worked fine in the beginning. Any
transcoding caused some hiccups, mind you, however I'm sure you could
run a home or home-office * server on one of those.

One thing I must mention is that unixshell.com is so easy to use,
especially the simple re-loading of the OS (including picking which
distro you want), taking snapshots (backups) and SSHing to the console
(virtual KVM-over-IP).

Nabeel