[Asterisk-biz] Consultant rates

Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Thu Oct 28 14:28:20 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've got a question that i'm hoping someone can give me tips and
pointers to.

The client wants to set up a service a-la FWD, but on a much smaller
scale to serve a smaller client base (say max of up to 100K users).
First phase will only have customers connecting via VoIP, with PSTN
connectivity gradually being rolled out in phase 2.

So the question is how much would you charge this company if they
approached you to create a "platform" capable of doing such a thing?
The client will foot all hardware bills, so what's more of a concern is
the "consultant's fee".

Is it as "simple" as X hours * Y bucks per hour?

Problem is, this client is starting out on a shoestring budget - so what
other alternatives could they provide in lieu of a huge consultant's
fee upfront?

Thanks in advance,
Flynn