[Asterisk-biz] Recommendations on incoming US TollFree IAX service?

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Wed Oct 27 10:33:19 MST 2004

I'm looking for recommendations for US tollfree service termination into an
Asterisk server via IAX. I've been googling reading the wiki and have found
a few providers, but not much in the way of reviews or solid information. I
need multiple simultaneous calls coming in. Volume is around 2000 min/mo
total. I'll also need to know what happens to calls if our internet
connectivity is down for either a short time or extended period.

Several companies mention 800 numbers in passing but have no real details
about them. So far the only good looking options I've found are nufone.net
and iax.cc. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with them? Surely
there must be some others as well -- can anyone suggest people they've
worked with?

If you're a vendor of such services, please email me directly and keep the
traffic off of the list.

Thanks!