[Asterisk-biz] IAXPhones or SCCP/Skinny Softphones for PDAs ....

Andres at itranser.com Andres at itranser.com
Tue Oct 26 11:00:41 MST 2004

Hi,

I am having a LOT of problems to transverse NAT and connect with my
Asterisk server from my PDA using a SIP Softphones.... I am aware that SIP
Softphones seems to be more "stable", more madure, and have more
feautures,  and indeed, more codecs and funtions... But I would like to
known other options with other protocols that I can offer to any customer
regarding the router they have (so I can offer that option is STUN is not
valid for them, ot whatever).

So....I woud like to be able to offer my customers a protocol to connect
remotely withouth NAT Transversal problems.... I am aware that I am able
to do it either using IAX or other more "friendly" NAT protocols (I think
that either IAX, or SCCP, or MGCP or H.323 could do a better job than SIP
to transverse routers). Problem is that  I can not find any softphones
using those friendly protocolos for my PDA.... Any suggestion ?

On the other hand... IAXPhone (
http://www.sokol-associates.com/body.asp?IncPage=iaxphone.htm ) works
great from my laptop, but it is still on a very initial development stage,
and I got frecuent crashes on the program. Is there any other option,
comparable on feautures ?

Tks for your help.