[Asterisk-biz] Help needed convincing a big customer.

sai list at ebs.net.pk
Wed Oct 20 21:48:45 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Could someone maybe help with some points for these questions.  I have
> some answers, but ideas would be good if possible.
>
> 1. being wary of open source (we are a software shop after all)
>
> See third item (which explains it a bit better)

.
.

> What do I say in response to this?  Yes it's true.  I can't not give
> them the source code because that would be a violation of the GPL.
> Anyone maybe got any ideas on hash signing or something?

Its your expertise that they are buying. Give them the source code -
what are they going to do with it? They are not a code shop.  Sign an
agreement saying that they cant use or sell the source code unless you
go bust or are unable to work with them.

In any case I don't see how giving them the source would be a violation
of the GPL. Not giving them the source might be...

sai