[Asterisk-biz] Need a PC computer case (vox) with LCD info and small noise

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Oct 1 15:44:37 MST 2004

On 1 Oct 2004 at 10:18, Remco Barende wrote:

> > On 29 Sep 2004 at 9:12, andres at itranser.com wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to find a good case for my Asterisk PBX.  I read on
> >> the list someone was working on LCD displays, but I am unable to
> >> find again that post (althought I really went to the archived
> >> month).  What I would like is to known if I can work with someone
> >> to offer my customers a Pretty Case for the PBX, ideally with
> >> little noise, rackable, and that does not like as a standar PC.
> >>

> >> Could someone please either suggest me where to buy some cases on
> >> this characterestics so I can built my own PBX. I do not kind to
> >> partnet someone that already has one to work with him reselling it,
> >> as far he offers me competitive prices as a resellers.
>
> If you don't mind casemodding a bit maybe you can fit in your own
> displays, have a look at the following links:
>
> http://www.crystalfontz.com
> http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-fp54.htm
> http://www.matrixorbital.com

Yep, and in order as well!

> I couldn't find any cases with an LCD display fitted unfortunately.

No, but the button/lcd combo usually takes a 5 1/4" Drive Bay.

> >> Thks for your help,
> >>
> >> Andres
> >
> > I was working on adding LCD display support to Asterisk, but lately
> > I've been going hard keeping up to date with the Daily Asterisk
> > News. If you want any questions answered about it, drop me a line.
> >
> > Basically the idea is to make an LCDproc driver which receives
> > information via the manager interface.  Although this could now be
> > via op_server.pl.
> >
> > The easiest way seems to be to use the HD44870 (or something
> > similar) inteface with WinAmp wiring.  I have an LCD set up here
> > working and wired in, but it's just displaying the standard load
> > info etc.
>
> Pictures? Link? I am found some info WinAmp diplays but not much info
> about linux support for it or where to get it or how to make it. :)

Aha....

LCDproc (linux drivers for the above displays)
http://www.lcdproc.org/?continue=yes

Hardware Supported by LCDproc
http://www.lcdproc.org/hardware.php3

Clients for LCDproc (This is what we need to develop)
http://www.lcdproc.org/clients.php3

Screenshots of current LCDproc clients:
http://www.lcdproc.org/screenshots.php3

Wiring (Sorry about wrapping):