[Asterisk-biz] Need a PC computer case (vox) with LCD info and small noise

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Oct 1 01:18:09 MST 2004

> On 29 Sep 2004 at 9:12, andres at itranser.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to find a good case for my Asterisk PBX.  I read on the
>> list someone was working on LCD displays, but I am unable to find
>> again that post (althought I really went to the archived month).  What
>> I would like is to known if I can work with someone to offer my
>> customers a Pretty Case for the PBX, ideally with little noise,
>> rackable, and that does not like as a standar PC.
>>

>> Could someone please either suggest me where to buy some cases on this
>> characterestics so I can built my own PBX. I do not kind to partnet
>> someone that already has one to work with him reselling it, as far he
>> offers me competitive prices as a resellers.

If you don't mind casemodding a bit maybe you can fit in your own
displays, have a look at the following links:

http://www.crystalfontz.com
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-fp54.htm
http://www.matrixorbital.com

I couldn't find any cases with an LCD display fitted unfortunately.

>> Thks for your help,
>>
>> Andres
>
> I was working on adding LCD display support to Asterisk, but lately
> I've been going hard keeping up to date with the Daily Asterisk News.
> If you want any questions answered about it, drop me a line.
>
> Basically the idea is to make an LCDproc driver which receives
> information via the manager interface.  Although this could now be
> via op_server.pl.
>
> The easiest way seems to be to use the HD44870 (or something similar)
> inteface with WinAmp wiring.  I have an LCD set up here working and
> wired in, but it's just displaying the standard load info etc.

Pictures? Link? I am found some info WinAmp diplays but not much info
about linux support for it or where to get it or how to make it. :)

Thanx!