[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Business Termination -- VOIPJET

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Wed Nov 24 16:29:44 MST 2004

On tir, 2004-11-23 at 15:53, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> All that being said, we have a 100 meg hand-off to X/O's backbone, and a
> client that insisted on doing 6 lines through a 1.54 meg SDSL connection
> through X/O. We initially refused to do the project, but after a
> traceroute revelead they were 2 hops away (Our router, DSL router) w/ an
> average latency of about 16ms, we decided to give it a try. So far, so
> good, but the minute their DSL takes a dump, we have a plan in place to
> route all their calls to their Cell Phones. So far, that hasn't happened,
> but I'm expecting it any minute now. ;)

That solution actually works better than most other solutions when you
have a fixed circuit (voice T1/E1) to your company. At least you have a
backup plan in place for the customer. Some telco's that you bought a T1
of would just come and say: "sorry, somebody cut your line off, it'll
take 3 weeks to repair" and charge you the line rental for those 3 weeks
anyway (not mentioning any formerly state owned telco in the country i
life currently in.).

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen